Novel (& Reel) Theology
Literature shapes our understanding of ideas like love, compassion, forgiveness, redemption; in other words, those markers we encounter in following Christ. This year we will mix novels with movies and occasional non-fiction. Novel Theology discussions are open to anyone who has read the book or seen the movie. Invite your friends. Books are available at Morgan Hill Bookstore at a 15% discount.
We meet on the second Wednesday of the month at 7 pm.
Some books and films discussed previously:
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? film written, produced, edited, and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen
- Plainsong by Kent Haruf
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
- Lila by Marilynne Robinson
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin
- As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
- My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok